Username:   Password: 
Auto Login

RegisterRegister 
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:35 pm
All times are UTC

Cool CGI Effects Or the Same Ole Stuff

Users browsing this topic: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
[DMZ]Dave

Country Flag: USA
Game Trophies: 8
View My Character
Medals: 2 (View more...)
Junior Waffler (Amount: 1)
Groups:
Topic icon
Cool CGI Effects Or the Same Ole Stuff
Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the bottom
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:08 pm Rate Post

Posted image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Dramatic special effects are used in JJ Abrams' Star Trek movie

Posted image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
This type of dramatic sequence was also used in the movie "Lost In Space" Checkout the similarites.

Who the heck does J.J. think hes kidding besides himself, just another cash point cha'ching should be the music score for this turkey.
Spike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Game Trophies: 1
View My Character
Medals: None
Groups:
(No subject)
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:15 am Rate Post

I see no similarities. Not being snarky, I seriously don't see them. Can you point out what's the same?
City of Heroes and City of Villains 9 month vet. 3 lvl 50 heroes, 2 tanks and 1 defender. One soon to be 50 Villain, a Mastermind. Member of the Titans Reborn Super Group and founder/co-leader of the Titans Demise Villain Group. Look me up in-game at global @CharybdisClan.
Back to top See my Info
[DMZ]Dave

Game Trophies: 8
View My Character
Medals: 2 (View more...)
Groups:
Re: Cool CGI Effects Or the Same Ole Stuff
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:33 am Rate Post

If you relay on CGI to make your movie work best of luck, what about the script and the actors ability to keep the story line intresting, my point was simple I will not be convinced until I see the whole project Generations had a real good look and used CGI very well too bad the script was crap and the actors were not able to save it even though they were well seasoned with there roles in a star trek universe, hate to think how new actors will do it if veteran actors failed.

As for similarities J.J. hasn't a thought in is head that is his own creation,
Posted image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.Posted image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.Posted image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Who's this Darth Mauls Cousin lol or mabe Shinzon's pappy
Spike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View My Character
Groups:
(No subject)
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:45 pm Rate Post

Okay, now I see your point. You're simply stating that you're not going to say the movie is the most fantastic, bestest ever movie in the history of history just because of the special effects in it. And I completely understand and agree with them. While they look great, I can name one movie where the FX were great and the plotline was non-existent: 2001: A Space Odyssey. Oh, wait, 2: Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
City of Heroes and City of Villains 9 month vet. 3 lvl 50 heroes, 2 tanks and 1 defender. One soon to be 50 Villain, a Mastermind. Member of the Titans Reborn Super Group and founder/co-leader of the Titans Demise Villain Group. Look me up in-game at global @CharybdisClan.
Back to top See my Info
TheAlpha
V-Admiral
V-Admiral

Warnings: 1
Game Trophies: 5
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Groups: None
(No subject)
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:27 pm Rate Post

Spike @ Sat May 02, 2009 11:45 am wrote:
Okay, now I see your point. You're simply stating that you're not going to say the movie is the most fantastic, bestest ever movie in the history of history just because of the special effects in it. And I completely understand and agree with them. While they look great, I can name one movie where the FX were great and the plotline was non-existent: 2001: A Space Odyssey. Oh, wait, 2: Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

i dunnoSpike...i remeber when both came out and yes 2001 kept me in the dark, yet i have to disagree with you on STMP.......it did get a academy award man, and no one gets an Iscar without making sense....LOL

and there were budget constraints that left STMP a little cut on the floor, unlike the latest that has serious money backings.

overall we foundout who Vger was and....had a litle prequel towho the "borg" are...hehe(even though the latter wsnt outwardly stated, it was a building block for the borg in next generations)
Unless you have something Bigger in your Torpedo Tubes, we're not going anywhere!-Kathryn Janeway
Back to top See my Info
Growler67
Commander
Commander

Groups:
(No subject)
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:00 pm Rate Post

Romulans, sheesh. Klingons were the first adversaries encountered, NOT the bloody Romulans!!!! So now it's Romlulans with facial pigmentation/tattoos as well. "Abomination" is written ALL over this project.
Spike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View My Character
Groups:
(No subject)
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:02 pm Rate Post

2001 also got Oscars galore. Neither had much of a plotline as far as I'm concerned. They all mainly consisted of 15 minutes of plot, and the rest of the time "OOoooo! Look what we can do with SFX nao!"

I mean, seriously... how many times did we need to see the Enterprise flying through V'Ger?
Back to top See my Info
TheAlpha
V-Admiral
V-Admiral

Warnings: 1
Game Trophies: 5
(No subject)
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:53 pm Rate Post

Spike @ Sat May 02, 2009 2:02 pm wrote:
2001 also got Oscars galore. Neither had much of a plotline as far as I'm concerned. They all mainly consisted of 15 minutes of plot, and the rest of the time "OOoooo! Look what we can do with SFX nao!"

I mean, seriously... how many times did we need to see the Enterprise flying through V'Ger?

i have to admit Spike you've littered Vics site with alot of Hate and BS towarsd the Franchise...but this latest comment really shows how Ignorant, stupid and foolish your comments are

2001 SO has been ranked as 1 of the top ten best films of all time by "sight & Sound, those are critics far more relistic and smarter than you spike...lmao

you are a just a new age CG fan boy having a fit and making no sense

dont disrespect Victors site like that Man

come here suppiorting all Trek at least and finding some good instead of openingyour mouth and showing just how ignorant you are!
Unless you have something Bigger in your Torpedo Tubes, we're not going anywhere!-Kathryn Janeway
Back to top See my Info
Spike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View My Character
Groups:
(No subject)
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:56 am Rate Post

Edited for content.

Alpha, not gonna take your bait. I'm leaving it at you like some Trek, I like some different Trek, and we won't see eye to eye on it.
Last edited by Spike on Sun May 03, 2009 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top See my Info
flyingvirtual
Site Admin
Site Admin

Country Flag: Belgium
Game Trophies: 28
View My Character
Grand Waffler (Amount: 1)
(No subject)
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:16 pm Rate Post

people this needs to stop or I'm going to have to lock some threads
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View My Character
Groups:
(No subject)
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:34 pm Rate Post

flyingvirtual @ Sun 03 May, 2009 08:16 wrote:
people this needs to stop or I'm going to have to lock some threads

big grin

You have my agreement that it will stop. I shan't make any more snide comments, and I apologize for the ones I directed at Alpha. Edits are in the works.
Back to top See my Info
buffyscrubs
Ensign
Ensign

Currently banned
(No subject)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:20 am Rate Post

I distinctly remember my elation when I first viewed the original UK version of queer as folk dvd'. For one of the first times, our lives were the storylines and we were being shown in an honest way - just as human beings living our lives the best way we know how. Sometimes brutally honest though - some of the subject matter even made me cringe! But it was positive as the stereotypical views of the gay man and woman were being challenged.
Then news started filtering out that the US were planning on making their own version of queer as folk 1-5 dvd. Alot of people, me included, were very sceptical about this. The US doesn't have a high success rate when taking a successful UK format and developing it for US audiences.
So when the first season on Showtime's queer as folk dvd box set began airing in Australia in June 2002, I didn't have the elation that I felt with the UK version. And when I actually began watching the first episode, I was appalled. I thought 'this is one bad show'. Obviously being a fan of the UK version, the characters, actors and settings were fresh in my mind and it was natural to compare. And the US version came off a very poor second

queer as folk dvd
Back to top See my Info
   Board Index
   -> Star Trek, Star Trek Chat
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]

Jump to: