Auto Login

RegisterRegister 
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:25 am
All times are UTC

Fan boy haters

Users browsing this topic: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
GQMD
Lt-Jg
Lt-Jg

Medals: None
Groups: None
Fan boy haters
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Go to the bottom
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:52 am Rate Post

You guys that are hating on the new Star Trek film without even seeing it yet make me sick. You are the same type of fan boy [censored] bags that complained when the new BSG came out. It's always been funny to me as a Star Trek fan and a member of the ST gaming community how close minded this community is how backward and conservative. Star Trek is all about exploration and having an open mind they live in a world that is very liberal ( on earth ) no war hunger no money people just try to expand knowledge and enrich their lives. Have an open mind and wait to see the movie first then if it sucks you can rip it and I will listen but until then STFU.
Back to top See my Info
Spike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Country Flag: USA
Game Trophies: 1
View My Character
Groups:
(No subject)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Go to the bottom
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:47 am Rate Post

<QR>

Here here, well said. And it's not just this new movie. I saw it on the Armada boards back when Enterprise was being developed too. "But that ship looks more advanced than the original Enterprise!" "Oh, they're re-writing canon!"

Pfft, whatever. It's not us designing the playground. It's just us PLAYING in it, and if we don't like how it's built, don't play in it.

As for me, I'm happy for a new Star Trek movie. I don't care if the sets look like an Apple store. I'm just happy they didn't make it look like TOS. And if that's what you want for a movie in the 21st century, go out and make it yourself.

This is not OUR private playground. They want to attract more people to the fold. I say good on them. We shouldn't complain about that. We should be HAPPY about that. Nowadays when I talk about Star Trek, I get laughed at. Few people get my references. In a few years, if the movie hits a chord with a LOT of people, then we won't be as laughed at. It'll be like watching Heroes and having a mess of people to talk to about it.

Less hating, more support. But, as the OP said, nobody's seen it, ergo nobody can pass judgment on it. Until you have actually seen it, I don't want to hear "It's the worst tripe ever!"
City of Heroes and City of Villains 9 month vet. 3 lvl 50 heroes, 2 tanks and 1 defender. One soon to be 50 Villain, a Mastermind. Member of the Titans Reborn Super Group and founder/co-leader of the Titans Demise Villain Group. Look me up in-game at global @CharybdisClan.
Back to top See my Info
[DMZ]Dave

Game Trophies: 8
View My Character
Medals: 2 (View more...)
Junior Waffler (Amount: 1)
Groups:
Topic icon
Re: Fan boy haters
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:50 am Rate Post

In my own opinion:

Please don't take it to heart its only this one word "Generations" box office bomb and that is a statement of fan support for that movie, I went to that movie with an open mind and was well pissed off at what was done with that movie it was there worst ever, this new movie is being made by a guy who has stated that he is NOT a star trek fan nor really cared for trek in general I hope it works out but this time I do intend to be a bit more cautious.

The one big problem that I have is why would you make a movie about James T. Kirk and his early days and not have William Shatner onboard doing narration or as a technical advisor at the very least, I wish the movie well but don't be suprised if its not to your expectations.

As for the games wished they were better, wished you didn't risk a ban for expressing an opinion at certian sites. ie (bethslop). Wished you didn't have to mod them to make them better.

I really hope it is a good movie...-Enigma nod
GQMD
Lt-Jg
Lt-Jg

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:46 pm Rate Post

Enigma @ Fri May 01, 2009 2:50 am wrote:
In my own opinion:

Please don't take it to heart its only this one word "Generations" box office bomb and that is a statement of fan support for that movie, I went to that movie with an open mind and was well pissed off at what was done with that movie it was there worst ever, this new movie is being made by a guy who has stated that he is NOT a star trek fan nor really cared for trek in general I hope it works out but this time I do intend to be a bit more cautious.

The one big problem that I have is why would you make a movie about James T. Kirk and his early days and not have William Shatner onboard doing narration or as a technical advisor at the very least, I wish the movie well but don't be suprised if its not to your expectations.

As for the games wished they were better, wished you didn't risk a ban for expressing an opinion at certian sites. ie (bethslop). Wished you didn't have to mod them to make them better.

I really hope it is a good movie...-Enigma nod

Look the simple fact is the bar for Star Trek movies is so low at this point I don't think this movie will be that bad. Think about Nemesis and Insurrection those movies sucked monkey balls. As for Billy boy not interested in taking part so what he is a busy guy and lets face it Billy boy has always been a little upset he was not given more control with Star Trek movies. Look Bay was never a fan of Transformers and his movie rocked same with Ron D Moore he was not a fan of BSG TOS and he made a great show. I think we need to give this a chance if it sucks I will rip it all to hell and say you were all right but until then just be satisfied that you are getting a new movie.
Back to top See my Info
Spike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View My Character
Groups:
(No subject)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:07 pm Rate Post

"Big Bill" wanted to be in more of the picture than would be acceptable. The movie is about the NEW cast, not the old cast. That's why Leonard Nimoy is just making a small appearance: to pass the torch as it were.

GQMD is correct. If the movie stinks, I will be happy to say so. But I haven't seen it yet, and as far as I know, none of you have either. So nobody can pass judgment on it yet. One can say "the trailer is teh sux0r," but not the movie as a whole.

Still, I think it's great that they're expanding the appeal of the movie to general audiences. Should be exciting to see what the "non-fan-boys" think of the movie as well.
City of Heroes and City of Villains 9 month vet. 3 lvl 50 heroes, 2 tanks and 1 defender. One soon to be 50 Villain, a Mastermind. Member of the Titans Reborn Super Group and founder/co-leader of the Titans Demise Villain Group. Look me up in-game at global @CharybdisClan.
Back to top See my Info
Victor1st
Site Admin
Site Admin

Country Flag: Scotland
View My Character
Groups:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:23 pm Rate Post

GQMD @ Fri May 01, 2009 2:52 am wrote:
You are the same type of fan boy [censored] bags that complained when the new BSG came out. It's always been funny to me as a Star Trek fan and a member of the ST gaming community how close minded this community is how backward and conservative. Star Trek is all about exploration and having an open mind they live in a world that is very liberal ( on earth ) no war hunger no money people just try to expand knowledge and enrich their lives. Have an open mind and wait to see the movie first then if it sucks you can rip it and I will listen but until then STFU.

Yes, and we all know how WELL Battlestar Galactica ended with it's cop out...

"ohhhh look, we're gonna land on earth in the Metholithic era and breed with these natives"

...and the Admiral choosing the ally with the cylons? wtf was that all about?

As for Star Trek being all about exploration and all that fun stuff, no, it isn't. Gene Roddenberry (remember him? the guy that MADE Star Trek?) said that Star Trek no matter what series or film should always look FORWARD into the FUTURE of Humanity, this film is rewining the clock, and when the film is a sucess expect CBS/Paramount to reboot the franchise ala BSG style cause thats what they said they were gonna do, but hey, if you wanna piss on Roddenberrys grave GQMD and wipe out 40 years of trek history thats fine with me, but the day the new series comes out off the back of the new film is the day i STOP being a Star Trek fan, cause any new series based off of the success of the film WILL be a BSG reboot of the franchise.

...when that happens it will be the final insult and slap in the face to the Roddenberry family and the millions of trek fans out there who have watched all incarnations of the series from it's initial inception in the 60's.

Thats what the Star Trek fanbase has become, a bunch of folks dancing around Roddenberry's grave...pissing on it.
Commander
Commander

Groups:
(No subject)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:40 pm Rate Post

Sorry I'm just NOT going to join the "Love Fest". I have my views and opinions and have expressed them and so I will not repeat my previous statements.

However, prequels just have a bad history and to intentionally take that course AND to fiddle with canon speaks clearly of the kind of people at the helm of the franchise. Attention to detail is what makes or breaks in the long run. This has been a series of bad calls and decisions being made, IMO, and to disenfranchise the core base of the fans will be their undoing.
GQMD
Lt-Jg
Lt-Jg

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:59 pm Rate Post

Victor1st @ Fri May 01, 2009 8:23 am wrote:
You are the same type of fan boy [censored] bags that complained when the new BSG came out. It's always been funny to me as a Star Trek fan and a member of the ST gaming community how close minded this community is how backward and conservative. Star Trek is all about exploration and having an open mind they live in a world that is very liberal ( on earth ) no war hunger no money people just try to expand knowledge and enrich their lives. Have an open mind and wait to see the movie first then if it sucks you can rip it and I will listen but until then STFU.

"ohhhh look, we're gonna land on earth in the Metholithic era and breed with these natives"

As for Star Trek being all about exploration and all that fun stuff, no, it isn't. Gene Roddenberry (remember him? the guy that MADE Star Trek?) said that Star Trek no matter what series or film should always look FORWARD into the FUTURE of Humanity, this film is rewining the clock, and when the film is a sucess expect CBS/Paramount to reboot the franchise ala BSG style cause thats what they said they were gonna do, but hey, if you wanna piss on Roddenberrys grave GQMD and wipe out 40 years of trek history thats fine with me, but the day the new series comes out off the back of the new film is the day i STOP being a Star Trek fan, cause any new series based off of the success of the film WILL be a BSG reboot of the franchise.

...when that happens it will be the final insult and slap in the face to the Roddenberry family and the millions of trek fans out there who have watched all incarnations of the series from it's initial inception in the 60's.

Thats what the Star Trek fanbase has become, a bunch of folks dancing around Roddenberry's grave...pissing on it.

Vic my good man I think you have me all wrong here lets see if I can help you to see my point. My point about Roddenberry's vision with ST was this. You are right it was about looking ahead to see what humanity could become. The world ST is set in no war hunger humans reaching out in to the galaxy working with others respecting other cultures and expanding knowledge of the human race. What I meant in my earlier comment about the community is that many times and I know you know what I am talking about here Vic(Watertiger,D.O.A Killogg,and many others). The community show just the opposite values of the show and it always seemed odd to me that so many close minded conservative would like a show like TOS it broke ground on the race relations with one of the first interracial kisses on TV it also tried to break down nationalism with having a Russian on the bridge along with others. Look if this movie abandons all of that I wont like it and I will join you and rip it a part as much as I did ST legacy. Vic until you know that they are going to strip all of that out I wouldn't get so upset. Vic I do think you would agree with me that many of the ST movies were poorly done by people that came from the ST family. Lets see what some one from the outside can do someone that is a good story teller with some vision like JJ. If he sucks I will say so but if it is good and people like the moive Vic will you open up your mind and heart and allow your self to enjoy it. Vic that is all am asking for leave room in you mind that if the movie dose not suck leave room so that you can still enjoy it.
Back to top See my Info
Site Admin

Country Flag: Canada
Medals: 1 (View more...)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:08 pm Rate Post

I know some young ppl in there early 20s who like BSG as well as all TNG era series but for the drama and acting alone.They don't look at the techie stuff like ships and that.

I didn't see BSG at it fullest but it very dramatic from the way it was presented.How this film turns out I have no idea and if Gene were alive today I doubt he would have control over Star Trek creative consultant he would.It all about business not about the cult of Star Trek.I would much like to see a 23rd TV series done after Star Trek 6.
Sig is by Pestalence alteration is by Gray, Federation and Proud of it.
Back to top See my Info
Spike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View My Character
Groups:
(No subject)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:29 pm Rate Post

Vic, hate to say it....

But isn't a movie set in the 23rd century, albeit in a chronological order of released series and movies the most recent, technically still... IN the future?

Now go with me here... but it's the 21st century that we live in here. The new Star Trek movie is set in the 23rd century. So, it's the future, right?

And finally, if you don't want to think of this as "canon," well, frankly, there's been plenty of mucking about in the Star Trek timeline what with time travel and whatnot. So, in here, Nero comes back in time to do whatever villainy he has in mind. The further events of this new continuity are now the result of his mucking about. Parallel universe now. The Star Trek we know and grew up on is still running fine; cardboard sets, aliens with zippers, cats that are obviously black house cats enlarged on screen to make them seem as though they're giant black cats. It's all still there. We just now, thanks to Nero, have a cooler looking universe going on, SEPARATE from the continuity we've all grown up on. Just think of them as two different universes.
Back to top See my Info
Site Admin

Country Flag: Canada
(No subject)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:08 pm Rate Post

There will alwys be trills.
Sig is by Pestalence alteration is by Gray, Federation and Proud of it.
Back to top See my Info
[DMZ]Dave

Game Trophies: 8
View My Character
Groups:
(No subject)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:24 pm Rate Post

Age @ Fri May 01, 2009 10:08 pm wrote:
There will alwys be trills.
So true! Right as rain. nod thumbsup
Spike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View My Character
Groups:
(No subject)
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:02 am Rate Post

<QR>

There better still be Trills, especially if they're as hot as Jadzia and Ezri.
Back to top See my Info
flyingvirtual
Site Admin
Site Admin

Country Flag: Belgium
Game Trophies: 28
View My Character
Grand Waffler (Amount: 1)
(No subject)
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:01 am Rate Post

yup they better replace the humans by good looking Trills big grin (female ones that is)
V-Admiral
V-Admiral

Warnings: 1
Game Trophies: 5
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:02 pm Rate Post

Victor1st @ Fri May 01, 2009 1:23 pm wrote:

#$@$$%^$#@#^&ampamp&ampamp&ampamp&ampamp^&ampamp%%$$#@........aarrrggghhhh!!!

you beat me to the Punch line and took the D#$n words outta my mouth........sigh.....ty Victor

yea i cant belive the way BSG ended
i was an Original fan of BSG..and i did stay with the new for awhile but quickly saw "The Writing on the wall" and i have to admit that ST is heading that way.

we all might have to switch to "Star Gate" and stay there forever!!

at least SG is trueto its fans...lol

-Spike

Vics talking about what Gene layed down as far as timeline goes and future as well, gene never intended for the franchise to go to the Past to be reviewed and relived ( anyone remember the TOS cast being cut for a new TV series and TNG making the cut and moving forward? point made)

Moving forward doesnt entail go back to the original cast and remaking it, but going forward and reinvienting new chars, ships and themes.....THATS WHAT STAR TREK IS ALL ABOUT!

JJ could have made a new future, ship and Captain with even an Hirogen as second in command(hehehehe) but nooooo he took the easy way out and copped out on something else thats already been set in canon and legend and is about to perverse it!!
Last edited by TheAlpha on Sat May 02, 2009 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Unless you have something Bigger in your Torpedo Tubes, we're not going anywhere!-Kathryn Janeway
Back to top See my Info
   Board Index
   -> Star Trek, Star Trek Chat
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 39 Posts ]

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: